...obviously the Josie Natori interview was wonderful but I was also pleasantly surprised to see 2 of my other favorite ladies in this issue - Kelly Wearstler and Charlotte Moss (more on that later!)
Even more exciting though was the list from Collier West, my favorite store in Columbus....
Their merchandise is unbelievable and their whole store is truly a work of art - from decoupage to antler chandeliers everything they carry is so unique. I'll definitely visit the store when I'm home in Columbus for Thanksgiving and I'll have to get some fabulous pictures to share with you all. In the meantime, check out their website and their blog. Also, here are some of my favorite "to do's" from the list that my mom is talking about in her note:
1. Display is better in threes, as it represents the union of body, mind, and spirit.
3. Black is the new black.
18. There are over 200 shades of white.
87. Black and white always works.
107. Avoid sharp edges, and sharp comments.
127. Buy vintage coats to upholster chair seats and stools.
144. Long earrings or a chunky necklace, never both.
148. You need a signature bag. The kind that stops people on the street.
178. Rotate your photos in frames once a year.
231. Support local markets.
233. A dog in the house makes it a home.
245. I love an oriental rug in the kitchen.
249. You don’t need knick knacks.