Friday, August 7, 2009

Patio Please!

On a beautiful summer Friday what's better than a refreshing cocktail, a nice patio, and some good people. I can't think of anything really. It's finally summer in Boston and all I want is delicious sangria and a roof deck. Sangria is so refreshing and so easy to make. I'm an admittedly bad cook but when it comes to side dishes and beverages, I'm your girl! This recipe is easy and delicious, courtesy Martha Stewart:
1/4 c Brandy
1/4 c Sugar
2 firm ripe peaches, sliced
1/2 honeydew melon, sliced
1 bottle of white wine (I prefer to use a Sauvignon Blanc)
1 can of club soda

Now that beverages are taken care of I'd like to fantasize about what sort of roof I'd love to be sitting on and the first one comes that comes to mind is, well, in Rome....so a bit out of the way for this weekend but I can dream. It's called the Hotel Eden and it has a beautiful roof top bar that my parents spent a good deal of their honeymoon in so on our last trip to Europe they shared it with my sister and I. A picture doesn't do it justice, so if you ever have the chance go at sunset - you won't regret it, Ciao!

Images via Martha Stewart and Hotel Eden

No comments:

Post a Comment